Churches die waiting for someone else to rescue them.
5 Things you can do right now to love your church.
- Without ceasing. 1 Thess 5:17
- Be anxious for nothing, Phil 4:6
- You do not have because you do not ask. James 4:2
Come to Church. Seems obvious. Heb 10:24-25
Here is what happens while you do anything else on the Sabbath too often.
- People who look up to you are disappointed and disillusioned.
- People who look up to you stay home too.
- People you invited come alone.
- Have you stopped inviting people to your church because you may not be there?
- Your voice is missing, your space is empty and sad, your Spiritual giftedness is missing.
- God’s message to your heart is missed.
Here is what happens when you are in your place every Sunday.
- You keep the Sabbath, God is glorified, and His word is honored.
- Your voice is joined with your brothers and sisters.
- His House of Prayer is full.
- People who look up to you, come more often.
Don’t stop with worship time, join in on the Study of God’s word.
- You were made to be a Disciple. Matt 28:19
- Bible Study is God Study. John 1:1
- Knowing what the Bible says is vital in this constantly changing culture. 1 Pet 1:24-25
- This culture will fool you and even lie to you. Eph 5:16
- God’s word is eternal but it is only as good to you as your study of it.
Bring a friend or a Stranger.
- The harvest. Matt 9:38 The Commission. Matt 28:19
- You may be the only Jesus they will ever see.
- You may be the only Bible they will ever read.
Stop the ugly talk. Phil 2:14
- Everyone has the right to an opinion, everyone has the Christian responsibility to keep ugly talk to themselves, and communicate everything else in Love.
- In a small church complaining to anyone is complaining to everyone.
- People could be hurt and leave when you tell them you do not like their _____________.
- The rest of us miss them.
- You may be perfect, complaining about those that are not is judgment.
- If you are not perfect, do not complain until you are.
- Be a solution, not a whiner.
Giving, no one said anything about giving. Do the above and you will be a cheerful giver. 2 Cor 9:6-7